Accessibility Policy for SHARE Scotland
In keeping with our policy of customers first, and our obligations under the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act), we will ensure that our website is accessible to people who have visual, hearing, motor or cognitive impairments.
Making our website accessible is a core aim of SHARE Scotland and we will try and ensure that it is usable with a broad range of operating systems, browsers, and specialist assistive technologies.
As a standard, we employ all the following methods to ensure our site is accessible to as many people as possible:
- All pictures have an alternative text description
- Our stylesheets allow for text resizing using the View – Text Size option in the browser toolbar. You can zoom in and out by pressing Ctrl + and Ctrl -
- We are committed to Plain English in all our written content
- Our site has been designed without the use of tables except where we need to represent normally tabulated content i.e timetables
- The website can be navigated without the use of a mouse
- A non-serif font is used for easier readability
- We do not use all-capitals for emphasis
To find out more about making your computer more accessible and easy to use, have a look at AbilityNet's website. They have a range of tips and suggestions relating to accessibility issues.