Your privacy is important to us!
Share is committed to protecting all personal information whether it’s in relation to staff members, contractors or volunteers. When you contact us, we want you to be confident about how your personal information will be looked after and used. Share will ensure that data is processed in accordance with the provisions of relevant data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- What information we collect and why
- How we will collect, use and keep your information safe
- Who we will share your information with
- Your rights
- How to contact us
- What information we collect and why?
The personal information we collect, and how we use it, will depend on your engagement with us but it may include details about your name, date of birth and contact details (e.g. telephone, email, computer IP address and home address). We require this information in order to respond to your enquiry; if we are providing you with a service or information; If you are donating or signing-up to be a regular donor, we will require your bank/credit/debit card details.
If it is appropriate, we may:
- Ask you why you have chosen to donate to Share – but this question will not be mandatory, and you should only answer if you want to tell us.
- Require further detailed information from you if we are providing you with a direct service which would be outlined in a specific agreement or privacy statement with the service.
We gather general information about the use of our websites – this might include which pages are the most visited. Wherever possible this information will be anonymised and will not identify details about individuals visiting our website.
- How we will collect and use that information
2.1 How we will collect the information
We will collect information in the following ways:
- Directly from you when you:
- Enquire about our activities.
- Visit our website.
- Receive a service from Share.
- Engage with us via social media.
- Make a complaint.
- Submit a job application.
- Via independent event organisers or fundraising sites (for example Just Giving) if you have indicated that you wish to support Share and you have given your consent for information to be shared.
- When you have given permission to other organisations to share your information.
- When we deliver services as part of a contract.
- Information publicly available.
- Where we have CCTV installed at our services/premises.
2.2 How we will use that information
We may use your information to:
- Provide you with the service, product, advice or information you have asked for.
- Fulfil a contract.
- Understand how we can improve our services, products, information.
- Provide you with information about our plans.
- Keep a record of your relationship with us; keep your information up-to-date and accurate and to ensure we comply with your communication preferences.
- Administer your donation, support your fundraising, process gift aid.
- Send you fundraising updates and appeals we think might be of interest to you if you have given your consent.
- Help us to ensure that our communications to you are relevant.
- Undertake analysis and statistical reporting. Where we undertake this activity, the data is usually anonymised unless and except we have advised and confirmed this with you in advance.
2.3 How we will keep your information safe
We ensure that there are appropriate technical, physical and organisational measures in place to protect your personal information both on-line and off-line.
Information that we hold on you will be stored securely and only be kept if it is reasonable and necessary, and in-line with any statutory obligations placed on Share. The length of time we keep your information will depend on the reason why we have been or are processing your information.
- Who do we share your information with?
- Share may share your information with our partners:
- Where we do this, we will communicate this in advance.
- Generally, information will be anonymised before sharing.
- Where we engage a third party to deliver a service on our behalf (for example survey monkey), only required data will be shared. This will be in line with data protection legislation and covered by a data sharing agreement. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will hold your information securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
- Share may be required to share information in specific cases where we are providing a direct service/contract; or where we are required by law, for example Employment Law.
- Where you have chosen to share your story to help further our work and you have given your explicit consent, we may share sensitive information in materials promoting our campaigning, services or fundraising work or in specific documents.
- Share will comply and co-operate with regulatory authorities when we are legally required to do so – in such cases personal information would be passed on in accordance with the data protection legislation.
- Where there is a perceived threat to life due to suicidal intent or serious concern regarding a child or vulnerable adult, Share may be required, in-line with its duty of care, to report these concerns to the police or social work.
- In circumstances other than those noted above, Share will not share your information with any other organisation for marketing, market research, fundraising or commercial purposes.
Share will not:
- Pass your details to other websites.
- Sell-on any information about you.
- Your rights
You have a right to:
- Request to see the personal information we hold about you*.
- Request that inaccurate information about you be corrected.
- Change your ‘opt-in’ preferences.
- Unsubscribe from email communications – if you no longer wish to receive email communications from us.
- Request that Share does not undertake ‘Profiling’ of your information.
* Please note that we may require proof of identity before we provide you with this information or make changes.
- How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or any other Data Protection queries; would like to make a request to receive a copy of your personal information held by Share; or to change your ‘opt-in’ preferences, please contact:
[protected email address]
Or you can write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
6B Moorpark Court
33 Dava Street
- Where we are commissioned to provide you with a direct service there will be a specific agreement in place, and we shall communicate this through a separate privacy statement.
- Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that these other websites are not covered by this Privacy Statement.
Cookies are very small files that are stored on your computer when you visit most websites. They are sent back and forth between the website’s server and your Internet browser to allow the website to remember actions you’ve made.